Wednesday, June 22, 2011

30 weeks

10 weeks left! We had another ultrasound today and everything looked good. Unfortunately, she really did not want to have her picture taken so she kept her hands up covering her face most of the time. Happily, the technician double checked that she's still a girl. So all the pink gear can stay. We did see her spine, which pretty much looked like an alien being. This ultrasound confirmed that she takes after my maternal side because 1) she was being amazingly stubborn and kept her hands at her face the whole time and 2) she went out of her way to ensure she would NOT be getting her picture taken. I'm a ham for the camera but plenty of the women on my mom's side hate getting their pictures taken. Oh good.

I forgot to ask exactly how big she is this week. So, on average babies this size are about three pounds. I had intended to go to the store after my appointment and buy something about her size but, obviously that plan isn't going to work. So, looking around the house for something about three pounds I came upon my OJ. I've never been a big OJ drinker but now that I have to take iron pills every morning I've learned to like it quite a bit. So, the baby is about the size of a bottle of juice missing about two morning's worth.

My hair is slowly getting longer. Happily I can just about get all of it in a ponytail which is all I care about. And, my doctor said genetics really doesn't come into play when trying to guess if the baby is going to come early so I can rest a *little* bit easier on that one.


OJ is about all I get to chug these days.


Action shot!


This is my last week having double digits of weeks left before the due date. I guess next week I have to buckle down and get all the last little details handled. The biggest thing I need to do is complete my FMLA paperwork and give it to my doctor so everything is turned in on time so I don't lose my insurance. And save a ton more money. And buy two baby carriers. Other than that, I think we have everything we MUST get before she arrives. My baby sister has requested that I have the baby a sufficient number of days before labor day so she doesn't have to visit me at the hospital. And I don't want to have her before the 27th. So, that gives a 5 day span within which she can arrive. Hopefully she listens to her auntie and her mommy.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! You definitely have "the glow!" Love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete