Friday, December 2, 2011

4 month checkup

Yesterday we went to Vivian's four month doctor appointment. She's doing really well!

She weighs 16 pounds 7 ounces which is the 97% 24.75 inches which is the 75% and her head is in the 30%. I guess she's a pinhead. Poor baby. Happily baby heads are all huge so maybe hers just looks normal. Her head percentile when down but it's back to where it was at her 1 month appointment so it's not worrisome. I don't think she's actually that long. The way they measure her length is by having me try to hold her head in place while the nurse pulls on her legs to straighten her out. Her head always pulls a little away from where I'm supposed to hold her so I'm assuming she's closer to just 24 inches.

She also got some more vaccinations. She did really well. She cried more when I accidentally snapped her finger in the car seat trying to get home than she did after the shot. Poor baby. She was asleep before we even left the doctor's office.

The doctor said if we want to start some rice cereal we could but I'd rather get her day care bottle situation all situated before starting other foods. Supposedly rice cereal in a bottle helps a baby sleep through the night but the pediatrician said that's an old wives tale. She had been sleeping through the night until last week. Last night she finally did it again! Hopefully she's going to start being a good sleeper again. Tonight we are going to try moving to the crib. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment