Monday, November 12, 2012

Mommy Baby Day

I had the day off work today so we had a fun mommy baby day. Well, it ended up being fun, it didn't start out that way. Poor Vivian just can't get well. It started with Hand Foot Mouth, then an unending cold, then teething, then pink eye, then massive massive vomiting on Friday and now back to a whiny cold. But, the vomiting, seriously, I thought she was possessed or something. 

She also can't seem to get her wake up time fixed from daylight savings time. She's still waking up between 5-5:30 most days which really throws her off. So, this morning started at 5:08 and she couldn't come back from it. She was just in a mood all morning. She took a nap that took her longer to fall asleep than the actual nap lasted. That just put her in a worse mood. Happily, we made a Target run and that seemed to bring her out of the funk. Who doesn't love Target?!

This morning she tried to dress herself. Apparently she loves this Splendid dress so she wore it as a scarf/necklace. She also built that block tower all by herself!


This weekend she got a black eye on the top of her eye. Poor kid knocked into the edge of a table.


Then she practiced climbing. Apparently we need to move her little chair!


 Better view of how high she is


This afternoon I decided we should make cookies. Vivian loves helping me in the kitchen. However, I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) getting a learning tower. I'm not comfortable standing her on a chair since she's already fallen off twice. And sitting her on the counter makes me nervous because she likes to lean over to look at things. She ended up sitting on the counter but I was pretty paranoid the whole time. She figured out how to turn the mixer off and on and she had a lot of fun pouring ingredients into the bowl. It was slow going because she wanted to use a teaspoon on the flour but we didn't have any other plans this afternoon.

Then I let her help scoop them onto the pan. I think next time I might use Egg Beaters or something so I don't have to worry as much about her eating raw eggs. I only let her help with one batch because of that. She had a lot of fun though! They aren't particularly pretty but they were tasty. 






The taste test. 


They're a hit! You can also kind of see her bruise on her right eye lid




No comments:

Post a Comment