Thursday, May 26, 2011

26 weeks

I had another checkup yesterday. It was just a normal one, nothing exciting. We listened to the heartbeat and then she measured my tummy. I forgot to ask how big it was but I'll ask next time, though honestly, I'm not posting the size on here! I found out today that I passed my glucose test so that's exciting! Gestational diabetes is one of my three main pregnancy concerns. The nurse said my iron is low so I'll have to start taking a supplement, but I'd rather that than have to worry about my blood sugar levels. I really wish that I liked red meat so I could just eat a steak a week instead of taking a supplement. Oh well, now I'm up to three supplements a day (along with DHA and multi-vitamin.)

This week the baby is the size an an english cucumber. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I went to the grocery store that it was an english (aka hothouse, seedless) cucumber, not a regular one. So, since the regular one was a dollar cheaper that's the one I bought. It's a few inches too short. I tried to guess what might be the size of an english cucumber and I think a wine bottle is about the same length... imagine it without the giant stopper. I didn't want to risk spilling on my dress since I was taking self-portraits before I left for work. Yes, self-portraits again. I've been really sleepy and figured I'd want to get in my jammies right after work. :)



Technically, my bump looks about the size of the cucumber. But, the baby isn't all stretched out in there, she's curled up. Though, sometimes she likes to kick me in the liver to get her stretches in.


Wine!



Please ignore the tupperware containers under my bed. So, that's it for this week. I think I'll celebrate passing my glucose test by making some Ben and Jerry's ice cream this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment