Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

I turned 29 on Monday. I've decided I'm becoming an old woman. I'm 29, having a child, married, own a house, and have a full time job. Freaky!

Victor always picks out the best birthday cakes for me. This year I requested a chocolate chip cookie cake. But instead of just getting any old cookie cake from the store he went to a local bakery and bought an especially tasty one. It was awesome. And they use real butter in the icing instead of shortening. They even put fairy dust on it (edible glitter) so it was especially girly and pretty.

He thought the cookie cake would be kind of bland and tasteless (not true as we discovered) so just to be safe he also got me two mini-cakes! They aren't very big, like big cupcakes. But the cookie cake was so big and rich that we knew we couldn't eat it all ourselves. So I brought a big third of it to work and froze some for my bubby and his fiancee so they could try it. Now we are down to a small tupperware's worth of cake - much more manageable for two people.

All three of my tasty cakes:


Close up of the decadent chocolate. This was so rich we cut it into fourths and even then we had trouble finishing a piece. Imagine the most intense fudge and double it.


Coconut Key Lime cake. I love coconut. It, combined with marshmallows and chocolate, are my favorite things right now. This one was also very very rich. Quite yummy but very very rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment